Road rage is more than someone simply shouting at other drivers as they are driving. Road rage is a loss of control behind then wheel, and it can cause severe accidents and injuries. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a road rage incident, the team at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates is here to help. Our Chicago road rage attorneys will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you deserve for what has happened. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
Why choose Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates?
If you have been injured due to a road rage incident caused by another driver, please seek legal assistance from a trusted Chicago car accident attorney. At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, we are ready to help.
- We have helped clients secure millions of dollars in compensation for their injuries because we always put the client first. We do not settle for less than you deserve.
- You will always have access to your attorney when you have questions or concerns about your case.
- We take all Chicago car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will pay no upfront of out-of-pocket costs for your case. We only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation you are entitled to.
What is road rage?
We have all heard the term road rage but may not have fully understood how dangerous it is. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), road rage is when a driver “commits moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property; an assault with a motor vehicle or other dangerous weapon by the operator or passenger of one motor vehicle on the operators or passengers of another motor vehicle.”
There is a difference between aggressive driving and actual road rage. Road rage is usually a criminal offense. Aggressive driving actions usually only result in traffic citations.
An article in Psychology Today states that incidents of road rage include the following:
- Intentionally tailgating
- Yelling at other drivers
- Honking to show displeasure with other drivers
- Trying to block another vehicle from changing lanes
- Cutting off another vehicle on purpose
- Getting out of the vehicle to confront another driver
- Bumping or ramming another vehicle intentionally
What are the common aggressive driving injuries in Chicago?
Any of the actions described can lead to a serious accident. It is not uncommon for our Chicago road rage lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
What to do if road rage was the cause of my car accident?
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another driver, please seek legal assistance today. Road rage can lead to serious injuries, and the team of Chicago personal injury lawyers at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates is ready to help you through this. Our goal is to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you need, which can include:
- Coverage of your crash-related medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the other driver
When you need a Chicago road rage attorney, find someone you can trust to handle your entire case who will give you peace of mind. Contact Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates today.