Chicago Workers Compensation Lawyer
- Primary Practice Focus
Matt joined Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates in 2015 as a law clerk prior to passing the Bar, and devotes his entire legal practice to representing injured workers.
- How Should You Choose A Lawyer?
Matt graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law in May 2017 and was admitted to the Illinois Bar in November 2017. While in law school, Matt was a member and team coach of his school’s Moot Court Honor Society and earned a CALI award for the highest grade in Trial Advocacy II. Matt was also selected to the Dean’s List in three of his semesters.
- In Depth Look
During his first year of law school, Matt worked as a law clerk at a personal injury firm specializing in medical malpractice and wrongful death cases. During his second year of law school, Matt joined Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates as a law clerk for the firm’s lead trial team.
Prior to obtaining his J.D., Matt served in United States Navy for over 10 years as a Hospital Corpsman. He earned his bachelor’s degree while still in the military, majoring in Psychology and graduating with honors.
- Honors and Awards
- CALI Award for highest grade in Trial Advocacy II
- Dean’s List
- Professional Associations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Publications and Presentations
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Columbia College of Missouri (B.A., Psychology, magna cum laude)
- Illinois, 2017
- Northern District of Illinois, 2017