• Call Today For A



        Pedestrian v. Railroad Police Vehicle. Where do I go from here?

        150 150 Clifford Horwitz


        I was struck by a railroad police vehicle on their property while unloading suitcases from sidewalk to curb on 5/16/02. I filed a police report and do have a incident number. I have back pains but have not contacted a doctor or chiropractor as I just returned from Texas although i have been taking pain medications. What should I do further and is this a valid case?

        – John, Wisconsin


        Yes, you have a claim, if the defendant was careless or negligent. It sounds to me like they were. Finally, you should contact a local lawyer to make sure you meet all filing deadlines and statutes of limitations.

        The first thing to do is to get to a physician immediately. The longer you wait, the less likely a jury or defendant will believe that your injuries are due to the accident.

        Clifford Horwitz

        Clifford Horwitz

        As Principal Partner and lead trial lawyer of Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, Cliff has devoted his entire career to achieving justice for those who have been victimized by corporate negligence. He has won numerous record-setting jury verdicts and settlements, as well as what was the largest personal injury verdict in Illinois for an individual.

        All stories by: Clifford Horwitz