• Call Today For A



        How Do I Remove a Loved One from a Negligent or Abusive Nursing Home?

        150 150 Clifford Horwitz

        If your loved one is competent he/she may simply notify the Social Worker or Administrator that they would like assistance with finding another nursing home; or you may find one for them on their behalf. If you have Power of Attorney or are your loved ones legal guardian you may exercise their right on their behalf. If you feel your loved one has been abused or neglected feel free to contact one of our attorneys at (800)-985-1819.

        (210 ILCS 45/2-111) (from Ch. 111 1/2, par. 4152-111)
        Sec. 2-111. A resident may be discharged from a facility after he gives the administrator, a physician, or a nurse of the facility written notice of his desire to be discharged. If a guardian has been appointed for a resident or if the resident is a minor, the resident shall be discharged upon written consent of his guardian or if the resident is a minor, his parent unless there is a court order to the contrary. In such cases, upon the resident’s discharge, the facility is relieved from any responsibility for the resident’s care, safety or well-being.
        (Source: P.A. 81-223.)

        Visit ProtectMyParents.com for more information regarding Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse

        Clifford Horwitz

        Clifford Horwitz

        As Principal Partner and lead trial lawyer of Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, Cliff has devoted his entire career to achieving justice for those who have been victimized by corporate negligence. He has won numerous record-setting jury verdicts and settlements, as well as what was the largest personal injury verdict in Illinois for an individual.

        All stories by: Clifford Horwitz