Will Workman’s Comp Pay for an Injury That’s 4.5 Years Old?



Approximately four and one half years ago I was injured on the job while attempting an arrest. I have been  diagnosed with RSD and have been treated by several doctors. I am now experiencing other problems as a result of the initial injury. Will workman’s comp be responsible for this and can I find an attorney that will take my case after 4-1/2 years of dealing with comp?

Debra, Waco, Tx


In Illinois you have three years to file a claim or 2 year from the last time they paid you compensation. Hopefully, you have filed the claim already or have a similar law in IL. If you do, then an attorney could certainly take the case.
Cliff Horwitz