Waukegan Personal Injury Attorney
The 9th largest city in Illinois, the city of Waukegan lines the western shore of Lake Michigan within Lake County. As Waukegan continues its robust revitalization plans, expanding retail, investing in infrastructure, and attracting new developers, the residents of Waukegan continue to rely upon the trusted experience of nearby Waukegan personal injury lawyers at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates to protect their rights in cases of serious personal injury.
Sustaining an injury can lead to significant personal and financial setbacks for a victim. If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the actions of another individual, company, or entity, you deserve to be fairly compensated. At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, we are here to help when you need a Waukegan personal injury lawyer by your side. We pledge to investigate every aspect of your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Our Firm To Fight For You
With a long history of record-setting verdicts, Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates obtained what was the largest verdict in Illinois history for a personal injury claim. We have obtained what was the largest verdict in Illinois history for back, neck, spinal cord, and brain injury.
Our firm has a committed department of experienced Illinois workers compensation lawyers devoted to helping workers of Waukegan who have suffered from a workplace injury.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The Waukegan and Naperville personal injury attorneys at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates have a vast track record of success helping clients in this area obtain the compensation they deserve. Some of the most common causes of injuries in Waukegan that we help clients with include the following:
- Auto accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Construction accidents
- Truck accidents
- Defective products
- Nursing homes
- Wrongful death
- Riverboat & maritime accidents
What A Waukegan Personal Injury Attorney Can Do
A Waukegan personal injury lawyer is going to be a tremendous resource for your case. An attorney will be able to use their vast resources to conduct a complete investigation into the incident that caused your injury. This includes:
- Obtaining and preserving any evidence needed to prove liability
- Thoroughly reviewing any insurance policy involved in the case
- Working with medical professionals to fully evaluate your injuries
An attorney can also properly calculate your total expected losses and will negotiate vigorously with aggressive insurance carriers and at-fault parties to ensure you are fairly compensated.
What To Do After An Accident
There are various steps you can take in the aftermath of sustaining an injury that will help ensure you are treated fairly and that your rights are upheld. This includes:
- Seeking immediate medical care. When you sustain an injury caused by another party, you need to seek medical care as soon as possible. This ensures that you are properly cared for and establishes a clear link between the injuries and the incident.
- Obtaining any evidence. If you can safely do so, gather as much evidence as possible after an injury. This can include taking photographs of any causes of the injury and of the injuries themselves. This also means getting the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses.
- Reporting the incident to proper authorities. You may need to report the injury to law enforcement officials, managers of a property, your supervisor, etc.
- Calling an attorney. After sustaining an injury caused by somebody else, you need to let an attorney get involved as soon as possible.
Possible Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the actions of another individual or entity, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. This can include the following types of economic and non-economic damages:
- All medical bills related to the injury
- Lost Income if you are unable to work
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- Pain and suffering damages
- Mental anguish and emotional distress damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, we are standing by to help when you need a Waukegan personal injury attorney.
Contact Our Waukegan Personal Injury Attorneys
A free consultation with our firm can help ease your fears and protect your rights. If appropriate we’ll arrange for an immediate investigation while evidence is fresh, including taking photos and statements from witnesses and the Defendant.
Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates invites you for a free telephone or in-person consultation to discuss your accident and any questions you may have. You can also email us or even speak with us right now on LiveChat.
Even if you do not wish to retain a Waukegan personal injury lawyer, we can set you on the right path for free. Most of our lawyers have more than 30 years of experience and we have an outstanding track record of helping our clients and creating a strong trust relationship. Please call our Chicago office at (312) 372-8822, or our Joliet office at (815) 723-8822, or you can call our toll free number at (800) 985-1819.