Man Killed In St Clair County Home Explosion Accident On Kessler Road
Wrongful Death - November 28, 2022
62-Year-Old Man Died In St Clair County Home Explosion Accident and Fire At Property on Kessler Road
ST CLAIR COUNTY, ILLINOIS (November 22, 2022) – A 62-year-old man has tragically died in a St Clair County home explosion accident and fire along Kessler Road.
St Clair County officials are saying that the accident took place around 7:00 a.m. on Friday. There was a sudden explosion and fire that quickly overtook the home.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to the scene and quickly put out the fire. When firefighters entered the home, they were able to recover the body of a male victim lying in the back of the residence.
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire at the home. But fire officials suspected that the fire may have been electrical in nature.
Liability For St Clair County Electrical Fire
Home fires remain one of the leading causes of serious injury and death in the United States. According to the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), “Home electrical fires account for an estimated 51,000 fires each year, nearly than 500 deaths, more than 1,400 injuries, and $1.3 billion in property damage. Each year in the United States, arcing faults are responsible for starting more than 28,000 home fires, killing and injuring hundreds of people, and causing over $700 million in property damage.” There are a number of steps that can be taken to help prevent electrical fires.
- A home’s electrical systems should be installed with a trained professional.
- Appliances should be properly installed in the right outlet.
- Electrical plugs and outlets should be maintained in a safe condition.
Depending on the facts of any case, there could be numerous liable parties for an electrical fire. The company responsible for wiring a home could be liable for an electrical fire. Electrical companies have a legal responsibility to install electrical systems in a compotent and safe manner. Failing to do so could form the basis of a negligence claim. For example, an electrical company could have installed a frayed wire that was not properly insulated and later caught fire.
The company that created a space heater, generator or other electrical appliance could also be liable for an electrical fire. Companies have a legal responsibility to create products that are reasonably safe. They must also warn consumers about the latent dangers associated with their products. Most product liability claims allege design defects, marketing defects or manufacturing defects. There are a number of steps that should be taken after any electrical fire.
- Eye witnesses should be interviewed.
- Medical records should be preserved.
- Surveillance footage should be sought.
- A thorough, independent investigation should be conducted.
It can be difficult to know where to begin after any house fire. But it is important to remember that accident victims do have rights. They have the right to know what happened. They also have the right to pursue damages in a civil claim if that is what they decide. However, it is common for companies and property developers to deny liability for an electrical fire. This is one of the reasons it is so important that all evidence is properly preserved after an accident.
Investigating An Illinois Electrical Fire
We at Horwitz Horwitz & Associates extend our deepest condolences to the family of the man that died in this St Clair County electrical fire. Any person that may have more information about what happened should reach out to investigators. It is our sincere hope that measures are taken to prevent other tragedies like this.
Do you need more information about a St Clair County house fire? Our team of consumer safety advocates are here to answer any questions that you may have. We care deeply that accident victims are aware of their rights and that those rights are being protected. Whether you just have legal questions or need a free, independent investigation into any accident we are here for you. You can reach out to us anytime at (312) 564-4256.