Michael A. Silverman
Maintaining regular and timely communications with clients and involving them in each step of a case – from negotiations to trial strategy – helps the injured people Michael works to avoid surprises and achieve far better results. That’s one reason the firm’s clients have frequently praised Michael’s work when discussing their successful outcomes with Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates management.
Primary Practice Focus
Personal injury attorney, Michael A. Silverman devotes his entire law practice at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates to helping clients who have sustained personal injuries, including cases involving:
- Automobile accidents
- Nursing home injuries
- Construction injuries, where third parties also are responsible
- Premises liability
- Uninsured and underinsured arbitration cases
Before joining Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, Michael practiced personal injury law for several years with his father’s firm. He also externed in 1996 with U.S. District Court Judge James H. Alesia and in 1995 with Cook County Circuit Court Associate Judge Randye A. Kogan. Additionally, Michael traded options for five years at the Chicago Board Options Exchange.
Michael has tried nearly 20 cases before juries in a variety of northern Illinois counties, and each case has reached a verdict. He has learned, through many cases and trials, that prevailing in personal injury lawsuits sometimes requires dogged determination, especially when the people and businesses responsible for an injury choose to evade responsibility or distort the facts. Through perseverance and hard work, Michael proved the following facts in recent cases:
- An employee of a store placed a cart behind a client, causing her to fall.
- In a construction case, Michael uncovered evidence that debris was thrown off a building, striking and injuring the client.
- In a slip and fall case, Michael proved the defendant, the store, was not being truthful when high-ranking employees testified the client was at the store well before it opened. By obtaining a newspaper advertisement, Michael proved the store was open early on the incident date due to a sale, which discredited the employees who testified against the client.
In his spare time, Michael enjoys a wide variety of sports including golf, basketball, hockey, and baseball. Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates is honored to have attorney Michael Silverman on the team. Call (312) 372-8822 today for a free case evaluation.