Chicago Scooter Accident Lawyer
Scooters are becoming an increasingly common sight on Chicago roads as rideshare services like Lime and Bird have brought electric scooters to many major metropolitan areas throughout the country. Chicago residents who sustain injuries from scooter accidents can contact Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates for legal representation in a personal injury claim to recover their damages. Contact us today to learn more about how our firm can help after a Chicago scooter accident.
Why Choose Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates?
- Our firm has a strong track record of successful cases for all types of civil claims. We recently set a record when our firm secured the largest jury verdict in Illinois history for a personal injury claim.
- The Chicago personal injury attorneys at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates have extensive experience will all types of civil claims for clients in Illinois.
- We strive for obtaining maximum compensation for every client we represent.
- Our firm handles all cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning our clients only pay legal fees when we win and never pay out-of-pocket expenses for representation.
How Can a Scooter Attorney Help?
A scooter accident in Chicago could lead to several legal questions concerning liability and available recoverable damages. Liability could fall to a driver, a scooter operator, or the company responsible for the scooter. Other parties could also face liability, and an injured plaintiff will probably not have the time, energy, or resources to pursue a legal claim while recovering from a scooter injury.
A Chicago scooter accident attorney can help a client build his or her case, manage correspondence with insurance carriers, navigate the court system on behalf of the client, and help a client manage personal finances during the course of a lawsuit. Ultimately, hiring a Chicago rideshare accident attorney not only increases the chances of success with a scooter accident claim, it generally leads to more compensation than a claimant could have secured on his or her own.
Common Causes of Scooter Accidents in Chicago
Rideshare programs like Lime and Bird encourage users to ride their scooters responsibly and to leave them in unobtrusive areas when finished with their rides. Unfortunately, scooters have contributed to many accidents in the Chicago area and throughout the country for many reasons.
- Users who discard their scooters on sidewalks, in front of business entryways, or on the street risk causing slip and fall accidents to pedestrians or even car accidents if a driver hits an unseen discarded scooter.
- Scooter riders should keep to the right whenever possible and use bike lanes where available. Some local ordinances in Illinois prohibit riding any type of motor vehicle on sidewalks, but electric kick scooters like those from Bird and Lime have permission to travel on public roads and most sidewalks.
- Scooter riders may strike pedestrians, causing falling injuries and other personal damages.
- Cars could swerve to avoid hitting scooter riders in the street and may cause accidents with other drivers.
- Inexperienced scooter riders or equipment malfunctions while riding can easily cause accidents.
Determining Liability for a Chicago Scooter Accident
If you or a loved one suffered injuries while riding an electric scooter in Chicago or an electric scooter rider injured you in any way, a personal injury lawsuit generally offers the best chances of recovery. The plaintiff in a scooter accident case will need to identify the liable party, prove his or her negligence, and then prove the claimed damages were the direct results of that negligence. If a defective scooter causes an accident, the victim may have grounds for a product liability claim against the scooter company or manufacturer.
Contact the Chicago defective product attorneys to schedule a free consultation with one of our Chicago scooter injury attorneys. We will review the details of your scooter accident claim and let you know your chances of success with a lawsuit, the damages potentially available in your claim, and how our firm can help.