I was Injured on the Job and the Company Went Bankrupt



I have worked in underground coal mines for 32 years. I have had injuries to my neck and now I have had surgery on my neck as of 6/6/06.
I will never be right again or able to do things I enjoy doing since I am not able to work again. I am 51 years old and not able to work.
What do I do to be compensate for my injury and not able to work?


Thank you for your inquiry regarding workers’ compensation.
As you reside in St. Clair County and work in the coal mining trades, I must assume that your work injuries occurred in far southern Illinois.  If so, any workers’ compensation claim filed on your behalf would be heard at a hearing location well beyond our geographic area of practice.  (Our workers’ compensation practice is largely concentrated in the greater Chicagoland area, including the collar counties and much of northeastern and north-central Illinois.)
Therefore, if you are not currently represented by counsel, I would strongly recommend that you retain the services of an attorney or law firm whose practice is concentrated in the field of Illinois workers’ compensation law, and to do so without further delay.  If you would like to be referred to an attorney who practices in the field of workers’ compensation law in or near your community, please feel free to contact our office.
If your family or friends ever find themselves in need of our services, now or in the future, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 312-372-8822 (Chicago) or 815-723-8822 (Joliet) to set up an appointment to come into our office and meet with one of our attorneys.  There will be no charge for the initial consultation.
We regret that we are unable to assist you at this time.  I wish you the best of luck.
Yours very truly,
Marc A. Perper