If you or a loved one have been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of somebody else, then you should be able to secure compensation for your losses. Unfortunately, personal injury cases can become complicated. At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, we are standing by to help when you need a Downers Grove personal injury lawyer by your side. We will investigate every aspect of your claim and work to secure full compensation for your losses. Let us get to work today so you can focus on recovering.
Experienced Attorneys Serving Downers Grove
If you have been injured by the actions of another party, you need to turn to a trusted team to help with your case. Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates is ready to stand by your side.
- Our attorneys have been recognized by the American Association of Justice, Illinois Super Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 Under 40, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- We have served personal injury victims in Illinois since 1924, and we always strive to do what is in the best interests of our clients.
- We take a Downers Grove personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they need.
With a long history of record-setting verdicts, Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates obtained what was the largest verdict in Illinois history for a personal injury claim. We have obtained what was the verdict in Illinois history for back, neck, spinal cord, and brain injury.
How to Ensure A Successful Personal Injury Claim
Because of the complexity of these cases, your first phone call should be to a skilled Downers Grove or Evanston personal injury lawyer. An attorney has the resources necessary to:
- Investigate every aspect of your claim in order to determine liability.
- Work with trusted medical and economic professionals to calculate your total losses.
- Communicate with aggressive insurance carriers to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
- Prepare to file a lawsuit and take the case to trial if the insurance carrier or at-fault party denies your claim or refuses to offer a fair settlement.
Do You Have A Case?
Understanding whether or not you have a valid personal injury claim can be confusing, which is why you should speak to a skilled Downers Grove personal injury lawyer before you make any decisions about whether or not to move forward. At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients who have been injured due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Railroad accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Boating accidents
- Unsafe premises accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective products
- Airplane and aviation accidents
- Daycare incidents and other child injuries
Time Limits for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
In Illinois, the personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. This means that injury victims have a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party in their case. Failing to file a lawsuit within this timeframe will likely result in the victim being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
Contact Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to the actions of another individual or entity, speak to an attorney as soon as possible. At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, we will not hesitate to stand up for your rights. Our personal injury lawyers in Downers Grove have the experience you need to obtain full compensation for your losses. Please call our Chicago office at (312) 372-8822 or our Joliet office at (815) 723-8822. You can also call our toll free number at (800) 985-1819.