Illinois Truck Accident Lawyers
Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates has successfully prosecuted thousands of vehicular accidents over the decades as well as trucking accidents. Truck related accidents are particularly hazardous and many consumer friendly laws apply to the situation. Further, truck accidents normally carry sufficient insurance to cover most serious and all non-serious injuries, unlike regular automobile accidents.Clifford Horwitz heads the lead trial team and has won virtually every case he’s taken to trial since the he began practicing law, with over 25% of his victories representing record-setting jury verdicts. Jay Luchsinger and Michael Carter, also trial lawyers on the lead trial team, have won numerous record-setting jury verdicts and settlements.
Clifford W. Horwitz
Clifford Horwitz has devoted his entire career to achieving justice for those who have been victimized by corporate negligence. Clifford has won virtually every case he has tried since the start of his career, with one quarter of the jury verdicts being record-setting verdicts, in addition to securing what was the largest jury verdict in Illinois history for an individual. Cliff has been recognized by his peers as a LeadingLawyer, Top 100 Trial Lawyer in the United States of America, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Illinois SuperLawyers; in addition, to being branded “a master in the profession” by the American Association of Justice.
Jay R. Luchsinger
Jay Luchsinger has won numerous record-setting jury verdicts and settlements, as well as what was the highest personal injury verdict in Illinois history for an individual. He engages in cases that focus primarily on personal injury, industrial and construction injury, and wrongful death.
Michael D. Carter, Jr.
Michael Carter, a part of the lead trial team at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, won what was the largest personal injury verdict in Illinois history for a quadriplegic ironworker. He focuses on severe injuries including spinal cord and brain injury, in addition to construction, product liability, and automobile injuries.At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, we have obtained what was the largest jury verdict in Illinois history for an individual, in addition to securing a number of record-setting jury verdicts on behalf of injured individuals throughout the state of Illinois.
- $64 Million for neck, back and spinal cord injury
- $35 Million for defective product
- $16.4 Million for auto fatality
- $11 Million for neck, back, leg and foot Injury
- $9 Million for traumatic brain injury
- $8 Million for explosion fatality
- $5.745 Million for CRPS hand injury
- $5.5 Million against major U.S. automobile manufacturer
- $3.8 Million for serious back injury
- $3.8 Million for herniated disk and torn rotator cuff injury
- $3.4 Million for injury resulting in rare bone condition
- $2.9 Million for arm injury
- $2.85 Million for heel degloving injury
- $2.712 Million for shoulder injury
- $2.7 Million for back, shoulder, and rib injuries
- $2.7 Million for severe leg injury
- $2.7 Million for severe arm fracture
- $2.5 Million for herniated disk injury
- $2.43 Million for shoulder injury and collar bone fracture
- $2.4 Million for traumatic brain and head injury
- $2.4 Million for neck injury
- $2.3 Million for traumatic brain, neck and spinal cord injuries
Jay R. Luchsinger, Clifford W. Horwitz, Michael D. Carter, Jr.After securing what was the largest verdict in Illinois history for an injured individual ($64 Million), the American Association of Justice branded Clifford Horwitz, Jay Luchsinger, and Michael Carter as, “masters in the profession.” The complaint, judgement, transcripts of the opening statement and closing argument were published in their annual, Top Verdict Litigation publication, providing insights into trial strategies and techniques, successful methods to prove damages, and the opportunity to learn from this team of experts in their field.Since 2012, an astounding 80% of the lead trial team’s jury verdicts have been record-setting. When the juries’ returned with their verdicts, they were:
- The largest personal injury jury verdict in Illinois history for an individual;
- The largest neck injury jury verdict in Illinois history;
- The largest spinal cord injury jury verdict in Illinois history;
- The largest brain injury jury verdict in Illinois history;
- The largest back injury jury verdict in Illinois history;
- The largest complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) jury verdict in Illinois history;
- The largest non-amputated hand injury verdict in Illinois history;
- And, the largest adult male shoulder injury verdict in Illinois history.
[contact-form-7 id=”5066″ title=”Contact Us”]
What Should I Do If I Have Been the Victim of a Truck Accident in Illinois?
The longer a person waits to retain a Chicago truck collision attorney, the greater the risk of fading or degrading physical evidence. Over time, witnesses have difficulty recalling specific details that may be vital to their case.
Even if you believe your accident to be minor in nature, it is imperative that you keep good records, including:
- Photographs of the scene, property damage and injuries
- Dates and context of all conversations with insurance companies and the names of the representatives you spoke with (never agree to a recorded conversation without first consulting an attorney)
- Emergency visits or follow-up medical exams
- Dates, prognosis and treatments, and treating physicians
A free consultation with our firm can help ease your fears and protect your rights. If appropriate, we’ll arrange for an immediate investigation while evidence is fresh, including statements from witnesses and the Defendant, and photographs of the scene and the vehicles involved.
Truck Accidents While on the Job
At Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates we have successfully handled numerous workers’ compensation claims for truck drivers injured while on the job.Since 1924, the Horwitz family has had a commitment to those who were injured on the job and have worked diligently to earn the respect of countless union organizations throughout the state by taking care of our client’s needs.
Mitchell W. Horwitz
Mitchell Horwitz leads the workers’ compensation team at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates. Mitch has devoted his entire working career to workers’ compensation matters, and has handled thousands of cases from arbitration through appellate courts. Recently, Mitch was named one of the Top 10 Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Illinois in a survey of his peers conducted by LeadingLawyers. In addition, Mitch was also recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America©.
Marc A. Perper
Since 1984, Marc Perper has practiced at the law firm of Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, concentrating on workers’ compensation law. Besides prosecuting claims under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Diseases Acts at trial and on appeal, he has assisted in preparing and trying personal injury cases in the areas of: construction negligence, the Structural Work Act, products liability, and federal civil rights. Hundreds, if not thousands, of working men and women in Illinois will benefit from Marc Perper’s work. In 2010, Marc convinced the Illinois Supreme Court to reverse an unfavorable appellate court decision regarding firing for “cause” and weekly disability benefits.
Wayne L. Newman
Wayne Newman focuses entirely on workers’ compensation law at Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, where he has practiced since 1989. Wayne is a past president of the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association (WCLA), an organization of over 700 workers’ compensation attorneys licensed to practice workers’ compensation in Illinois. In addition to his peers, members of the news media have recognized his authority in the field – in an article in SmartMoney Magazine, Wayne discusses why many professionals who decide not to file workers’ claims eventually regret that decision. As a spokesperson for Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, Wayne travels across Illinois educating union workers about their rights under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act.
Mark Weissburg devotes his entire law practice to workers’ compensation and to other closely related areas of law. To make the powerful field of workers’ compensation more understandable to injured Illinois laborers, Mark authored the book, “How to Win a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Illinois.” The book describes the basic rights and benefits under the state’s workers’ compensation act as well as the often-unknown roles performed by insurance adjusters, doctors and lawyers. The straightforward and easy-to-read book also alerts readers to the kinds of problems they may encounter and should avoid when filing claims.
Tyler D. Berberich
Tyler Berberich devotes his entire legal practice to representing and protecting the rights of injured Illinois workers in front of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. In 2015, Tyler was nominated by his peers through a survey conducted by LeadingLawyers as an Emerging Lawyer. Emerging Lawyers are among the top 2% of Illinois lawyers who are 40 years old or younger or practicing law 10 years or less and have proven themselves professional, ethical and experienced at an early point in their legal career.
David Starshak dedicates his legal practice to helping injured workers get the compensation and justice they deserve. Less than a year after passing the bar, David participated in his first jury trial – playing a key role in witness presentation and trial preparation. The trial team secured a jury verdict of $1.3 million.
Zbigniew J. Bednarz
Zbiniew “Zibi” Bednarz focuses his practice on workers’ compensation and personal injury matters. In his first two years of practice prior to joining Horwitz, Horwitz & Associates, Zibi obtained over $2.5 million in settlements and awards for his clients. In addition, he has lectured before countless labor unions on workers’ compensation and injury law, and how employees can best protect themselves in the unlucky event of a work-related injury. Lastly, Zibi speaks fluent Polish and Spanish, and has extensive experience with the unique challenges that non-English speaking clients encounter.
A Few Recoveries for Truck Drivers
- Federal Jury Awards Favorable Verdict to Couple After Semi-Truck Accident ($5.2 Million)
- Union Teamster Recovers After Career Ending Injury ($2.3 Million)
- Jury Awards Trucker for Career-Ending Knee Injury ($2 Million)
- Car Strikes Delivery Man’s Hand Because Bushes Blocked His View ($1.19 Million)
- Local 179 Teamster’s Truck Flips Over ($934,000)
- Teamster’s Scraped Knee Turns into Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome ($800,000)
- Teamster Awarded Penalties Against Cassens Transport and Crawford & Company ($1,225.00/Week for Life)
- Teamster Slipped in Mud Injuring Shoulder and Neck Receives Lifetime Wages ($1,180.00/Week for Life)
- Employer Penalized for Cutting Off Benefits By Claiming Truck Driver Violated Safety Rules (Maximum Benefits, Medical, Lost Wages and Penalties Permitted Under Workers’ Compensation)